Keeping unauthorised users from accessing your account is the first and most basic step in protecting your personal information.
Here are a few tips on creating a strong password:
- Make your password at least ten (10) characters long;
- Include at least one number in your password, preferably in between letters;
- Vary between upper and lower-case letters and symbols;
- Use acronyms or abbreviations instead of common names of family members, pets, sports teams, etc;
- Don’t use the same password for every site or login;
- We advise you to change your password(s) every six months, but encourage you to do so more frequently.