This article will help you set up a free & automatic SSL certificate, issued from Let’s Encrypt inside DirectAdmin panel.
The first step, please log in to your DirectAdmin panel.
1. Once you login to DirectAdmin, at the bottom, go to Advanced Features and choose (SSL Certificate):
. In SSL Certificate, please select “Free & automatic certificate from Let’s Encrypt” option, and put in your email address. Select the sub-domains that you want to secure, the domain.com, www.domain.com and mail.domain.com should be ticked:
and click "Save"
DirectAdmin panel will automatically generate the SSL certificate signing request and get the SSL certificate from Let’s Encrypt. Once the process has been completed, DirectAdmin panel will show you “Certificate for xxx has been created successfully”.
4. Now, it needs to enable SSL on your website. Go back to the DirectAdmin panel home page, and click on “Domain setup” 5. In “Domain Setup”, click on your domain name
You may consider choosing “Use a symbolic link from private_html to public_html – allows for same data in http and https” option and click “Save”.
Note: It will remove the folder /domains/xxx.com/private_html, and create a symbolic link from private_html to public_html for folder sharing. In most circumstance, that folder private_html is not in use.
4. Now, it needs to enable SSL on your website.
Go back to the DirectAdmin panel home page, and click on “Domain setup”
5. In “Domain Setup”, click on your domain name6. Please select “Secure SSL” and click “Save”
7. Then, around 5 minutes later, you can start visiting your website via https protocol.